Paddle Boards - Ethical, Sustainable, Fair
Quroc is committed to minimising our environmental impact by creating boards that are durable and use minimal plastic packaging. Building Stand Up Paddle boards will always have an environmental impact so we strive to minimise this footprint whenever possible by analysing every process and every component – can it be done better, is it essential, does it add value? We also support organisations that fight against climate change. Organisations that really “fight the fight” rather than “talk the talk”. We take our environmental impact seriously because we care about how our actions will affect the environment for our and future generations.
Surfers Against Sewage are our chosen partners through the 1% For the Planet project. We thought long and hard about who to partner with and there are lots of fantastic organisations fighting to improve and protect our environment. However, Surfers Against Sewage (SAS) are actively engaged in fighting for our paddling environments. Whether you paddle on sea, rivers, canals or lakes, SAS are fighting for cleaner waters and a safer environment for us all. At least 1% of your investment in our paddle boards will go direct to improving our water quality, keeping our beaches clean and taking action on climate change.
Internally, we have looked at every process in our manufacturing and sales process. This has resulted in the following steps:
- we only select manufacturers who source raw materials locally to reduce Co2 emissions from transport and reduce the environmental impact of producing our boards.
- we have switched to using recycled paper to package our boards rather than the traditional plastic
- where possible we have stopped using unnecessary plastic in our products such as using embroidery for logos (replacing moulded plastic) and switching the pointless plastic repair kit canister with a small multi-use drybag.
Our products are made from PVC, plastic …but this doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing or we can’t be a “green” or ethical brand. Plastic is great, plastic is useful but plastic can be a problem if it ends up in landfill or our oceans and waterways. We can all take action to prevent this but as an Inflatable Paddle Board Brand it’s our duty make sure our boards don’t end up having a negative impact on the environment. We do this through;
Longevity, built in – our boards are built to last. Our production partners share our quality vision and this ensures a marginal defect rate. We insist on the best materials from quality PVC to 179K ZEBEC glue with 10 year+ adhesion. Strict quality controls (QC) ensure every single board is checked, including a 72 hour inflation test at 29psi for any loss in pressure.
We analyse, evaluate and test every component. Does any potential feature affect the longevity of the board. Does it really add value? Does it increase the risk of product failure?
Lifetime Care Package because the longer our boards last, the smaller our impact on the environment. A Quroc paddle board is a significant investment and we want you to spend as much time on the water as possible. Our 3 Year Warranty is backed up with our Lifetime Care Package which simply means we will:
- cover your board with a 3 year warranty where we will repair or replace your board or parts if there are any manufacturing issues. (e.g. loose seam, faulty valve, etc). We will also repair your board if you have been unlucky enough to damage it through normal use.
- continue to offer free repairs during the life of your board where it is possible to repair.
- If there is critical damage which prevents a safe repair, we will automatically provide £100 off one of our current boards and dispose of your board responsibly, ensuring it doesn’t end up in landfill.
- Our “return for £100 off” offer also extends to any of our customers who want to trade in an old Quroc board for new, even if it’s perfectly usable. This ensures we can dispose of all boards responsibly.
Transparency and fairness are at the core of Quroc values. This approach ensures doesn’t just translate though our pricing but in the price we pay for goods and the working environment, both internally and with our supply partners. We insist our products are sourced, manufactured and sold in a way we can be proud of.
- Pricing – We don’t have sales, we just offer great value all year round and buying direct from Quroc means you already save c. £200 – £300 on an equivalent quality board sold by a traditional retailer.
- Sourcing – we insist on working with PVC materials that comply to the EU’s REACH health regulations and only work with factories that comply with UK working standards and regulations.