Are you ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure? Strap on your PFD and grab a paddle - it's time to explore the beautiful waters of the UK with Quroc’s touring paddle boards. From tranquil lakes to rushing rivers, the UK is brimming with stunning waterways just waiting to be discovered. Whether you're a seasoned paddler or a beginner looking to take your paddling up a level, touring paddle boards offer a unique way to experience the beauty of nature.
With our sleek design and stability, touring paddle boards are perfect for longer journeys on the water. Glide through calm lakes, navigate winding rivers, and even ride the waves on the coast. Feel the rhythm of your strokes as you explore hidden coves, spot wildlife along the banks, and immerse yourself in the tranquility of nature.
Join the growing community of paddle board enthusiasts and unleash your inner explorer. With the right equipment and a sense of adventure, the UK's waterways become your playground. So why wait? Grab a touring paddle board and set off on an unforgettable journey today.
Benefits of exploring the waters with touring paddle boards
Touring paddle boards are not just a faster option on the water; they offer a multitude of benefits for those looking to explore the UK's stunning waterways. Yes, one of the biggest advantages of touring paddle boards is their ability to cover longer distances compared to allround paddle boards. Their sleek design and elongated shape make them perfect for gliding through calm lakes, navigating winding rivers, and even riding the waves on the coast.
Another benefit of well designed touring paddle boards is their stability. These boards are specifically designed to provide a stable platform for paddlers, making them ideal for longer journeys. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced paddler, touring paddle boards offer a stable and secure ride, allowing you to focus on enjoying the scenery and immersing yourself in the tranquility of nature.
In addition to the physical benefits, touring paddle boarding also provides a mental and emotional escape from the stresses of everyday life. As you paddle along the water, you can feel the rhythm of your strokes, creating a sense of mindfulness and peace. The act of being surrounded by nature, away from the noise and distractions of the city, can be incredibly therapeutic and rejuvenating.
Types of touring paddle boards available
When it comes to our touring paddle boards, we have different types to choose from, each with its own unique features and characteristics. Our inflatable touring paddle boards are made from durable and lightweight materials, making them easy to transport and store. They can be inflated and deflated quickly, allowing you to take them on trips without the need for a roof rack or a large storage space. We also include a large dry board backpack to give you more options when transporting your board to the water.
Our 12’6 boards are fast touring boards which are perfect for getting from A to B as quickly as possible. Not quite as stable as sour Adventure Paddle Boards, they are perfect for flat water and even providing a race option.
Our 13’ is an award winning Touring / Adventure board, suitable for multi day adventures but also providing a nice stable and stress free everyday paddle board option.
The 14’ Yukon is our ultimate adventure board. Designed for (and tested on) the incredible 1000 mile YUKON 1000 Race, The Quroc Yukon 14’ is a fast tourer with a perfect balance of speed and stability.
Choosing the right touring paddle board for your needs
When choosing a touring paddle board, it's important to consider your skill level, intended use, and personal preferences. Beginner paddlers may benefit from a wider and more stable board such as the Quroc AllWater 13’ Touring Paddle Board, while experienced paddlers may prefer the narrower and faster Quroc AllWater 12’6 Touring Board for increased speed and maneoverability. The Quroc Yukon 14’ takes the perfect balance of speed and stability to the next level.
The length of the board is also a crucial factor to consider. Longer boards tend to track straighter and glide more efficiently, making them ideal for covering longer distances. Shorter boards, on the other hand, are more maneuverable and responsive, making them suitable for navigating narrow waterways.
Additionally, consider the weight capacity of the board. Ensure that it can support your weight along with any additional gear you may need to bring on your adventures. It's always better to choose a board with a higher weight capacity to ensure stability and safety on the water.
Essential gear and accessories for touring paddle boarding
To fully enjoy your touring paddle boarding experience, it's essential to have the right gear and accessories. Here are some must-have items to consider:
- Paddle: Invest in a high-quality paddle that is the right length and material for your needs. Our full carbon 3pcs paddle is fully adjustable and lightweight option with a high aspect medium blade to help protect your shoulders from wear and tear.
- Personal flotation device (PFD): Safety should always be a top priority. Wear a comfortable and properly fitting PFD to ensure your safety on the water.
- The right leash: A leash is essential for keeping your board attached to you in case you fall off. It prevents the board from drifting away and makes it easier to retrieve. Check our SUP Safety Advice section for help choosing the right leash.
- Dry bag: Protect your belongings from water damage by storing them in a waterproof dry bag. This is especially important if you plan to bring a camera, phone, or other valuables on your journey.
- Sun protection: Don't forget to protect yourself from the sun's harmful rays. Wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to shield yourself from UV radiation.
- Water shoes: Invest in a pair of comfortable water shoes with good grip to protect your feet from sharp rocks or shells while walking on the shore or launching your board.
Having the right gear and paddle board accessories will enhance your touring paddle boarding experience and ensure that you're prepared for any situation.
Safety tips for touring paddle boarding
While touring paddle boarding is a thrilling and enjoyable activity, it's important to prioritise safety on the water. We have a comprehensive Paddle Board Safety Section but here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Learn basic paddling techniques: Before heading out on a tour, make sure you're familiar with basic paddling techniques and know how to maneuver your board effectively.
- Check weather conditions: Always check the weather forecast before heading out and avoid paddling in strong winds, thunderstorms, or other hazardous conditions.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to your surroundings and be mindful of other watercraft, wildlife, and potential hazards such as submerged rocks or strong currents.
- Use the correct leash: Always attach a leash to your board to ensure it stays within reach in case you fall off. This will prevent your board from drifting away and make it easier to get back on.
- Stay hydrated: Bring plenty of water with you and stay hydrated throughout your journey, especially on hot days or longer tours.
- Let someone know your plans: Before setting off, inform someone about your paddle boarding plans, including your intended route and estimated time of return.
By following these safety tips, you can have a safe and enjoyable touring paddle boarding experience.
Popular destinations for touring paddle boarding in the UK
The UK is home to a diverse range of waterways, each offering its own unique beauty and charm. Here are some popular destinations for touring paddle boarding in the UK:
- Lake District: With its stunning lakes and breathtaking mountain scenery, the Lake District is a paradise for touring paddle boarders. Windermere, Coniston Water, and Ullswater are just a few of the many lakes waiting to be explored.
- Norfolk Broads: The Norfolk Broads is a network of rivers and lakes teeming with wildlife and natural beauty. Paddle along the tranquil waterways and discover hidden gems along the way.
- Scottish Highlands: The Scottish Highlands boast some of the most dramatic landscapes in the UK. Explore the crystal-clear lochs and paddle through the rugged beauty of this enchanting region.
- Cornwall & Devon: Known for its beautiful coastline and world-class surf spots, Cornwall and Devon offer a variety of paddle boarding opportunities. From calm estuaries to challenging coastal routes, there's something for every paddler.
- River Wye: Flowing through the stunning Wye Valley, the River Wye is a popular destination for touring paddle boarding. Enjoy the peaceful surroundings and spot wildlife as you paddle along this picturesque river.
These are just a few examples of the many incredible destinations for touring paddle boarding in the UK. Each offers its own unique experiences and opportunities to explore the country's beautiful waters.